Saturday, May 30, 2009

The End

My last week consisted of packing and cleaning. On Monday I went shopping for things I need to bring home. Tuesday I packed and that night Deirdre and I got a mattress from the hallway and she slept over. On Wednseday Jackie got back from her trip and we cleaned the apartment. Deirdre spent the night again. On Thursday we went into school to Lozzi for our last lunch then into the center for a coffee. I finished packing and cleaning and hung out with Jim for the rest of the night. We got our taxi at 1:30am and were on the bus leaving Jyvaskyla at 2:05am. We got into Helsinki around 5:30am and my flight was at 7:05. I got into Detroit at 4:00pm yesterday.
It is a bit stange to be back and there are a lot of things to get used to. For example, flushing the toilet has been one of the more difficult things to adjust to because the flusher is a tab to pull up on the top of the toilet in Finland. Last night it was pitch black outside by 10pm, I haven't seen it that dark, or dark at all, in over a month. And of course, jetlag is wonderful, as always.
Green Finland
Spring in Finland
at 2:00am its that bright

No comments:

Post a Comment