Sunday, February 8, 2009

Another Update

On Wednesday we went to the Panda Chololate Facorty, where we were told we could get a tour. Come to find out, they don't do tours so we bought some really big 1 euro chocolate bars and went to a mexican restaurant for lunch. We were out to celebrate Collette's 50th birthday!
Thursday and Friday were nothing exciting since I have been sick.
Last night, I went to my Finnish family's house. They had a dinner party for us (me and the 2 other American girls) and their families. First, we had a sauna and some piparkakut (ginger cookies...soo good!) and chips. My Finnish mom made us dinner which was sweet potato soup, greek salad, smoked salmon, cooked broccoli with parmesan cheese, and mashed potatoes. For desert we had Lingonberries with hot melted white chocolate, a 7-layer cake (which was wonderful) and pulla (also called nisu, which means wheat. it is often a braided loaf of bread or coiled up like cinnamon rolls). It was wonderful, they gave us the leftovers of the deserts to take home. Although, we could hardly eat the berries; they were very bitter! After dinner, my Finnish mom gave us a skit they wanted us to act out. It was about George Bush and pretty funny! After we acted it out, our families told us that we would be dong that skit at a party for their Finnish-American Society next Saturday, along with singing a Finnish song! We talked with them for a few hours before we went home, at 1:00am. They are extremely fascinated with us and are so interested with everything we say! We were at their house for about 8 hours last night; it was a really good night!
We leave for Lapland in 1 week!
My dad has asked for pictures of my friends here, so here are some...
Outside of the Panda Chocolate Factory
On the top is Barbara and Lotte (Netherlands) then Merel (Netherlands) Jackie (Canada and my roommate) then Deirdre (Ireland)
At a party themed Karnival, a bunch of my friends went as Smirfs! Gunter, Fergie (his real name is Markus), Angelika, Caroll, Roland, Lara, Joy and Stefan. Most of them are from Austria, except Joy is from Wales and Caroll and Lara are from Switzerland.
At the same party, Jackie, Deirdre, Collette, Charollete and I went as cats. This is me and Jackie.
Me with Fergie and Mickael (from France)

No comments:

Post a Comment