Friday, March 27, 2009

After a long week..

Hello everyone!
On Monday I began to study for my Strategic Managment exam I just took this morning. Jackie came back from Germany too; so Charlotte and I picked her up from the train station and we went for pizza.
On Tuesday Jackie and I went to Lozzi (our favorite cafeteria on campus) for lunch with Daniel, Fergie, Els and Lucien. After lunch, I went to the library with Fergie to study StratMan. That night was more studying and I also helped Charlotte pack some, she will leave today to go back to England. On Wednesday I woke up at 8 and went straight into the library to study StratMan and at noon I took my Survival Finnish exam, which went well. I met with Jackie at Lozzi and we had lunch with Anaita and Mickael (France), Stefan and Gunter (Austria) Anastasia (Russia) and Dalma (Hungary). After lunch it was back to the library for a few more hours of studying! I went back to my apartment for about an hour before meeting Rebeca (Mexico) Charlotte, and Collette to walk to a dinner that was put on for the International students. At the dinner, we had a speaker then performances by a signing and a dancing group on campus. Not going to lie, the singing was a little scary to watch and no one could help but laugh, even the Finnish students (all Finnish kids who work with international students were invited, too). After, we had dinner, which was spicy meatballs, lemon zucchini, greek salad, rice bread and wine. I hung around with my neighbor, Pekka, who is Finnish for a lot of the night.
On Thursday I has class from 8-4 with an hour lunch break. I met Jackie and Daniel at Lozzi to find that our lunch was leftovers from the night before. Although, the meatballs did have a sweet sauce on them. I studied a lot after class then went to Rentukka for another Stammtisch party. This one was put on my the Russian students and was themed Circus. Since my exam was at 8 this morning, I only stayed for a little while. But I had to go because it was Anastasia's 21st birthday and Pekka's going away party since he left today to go to Germany on a student exchange.
I was up early again today for my exam, which was a little more difficult than anyone thought, but it still went okay. Tonight I will be going to Anastasia's flat for a while then to dinner with Charlotte, Jackie, Deirdre, Merel, Christoph and Johannes before we take Charlotte to the bus station at 1am for her bus to Helsinki.
As you can see this week was not exciting and consisted of a lot of studying! However, it has been sunny all week and the sun is coming up around 5am and going down around 7pm. Although, it is extremely cold still! I do not have class for a week and a half, so I am planning to go to Helsinki and Joensuu this week or next!

No comments:

Post a Comment