Sunday, April 26, 2009

I have an accent?

Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday were pretty boring days since I wasn't feeling too well and pretty much just went to school for lunch and came home to relax. Although, on Tuesday, I met with Gunter to plan our trip to Stockholm which will be on May 3rd. Tuesday night, Greg and Florian(Germany) came over for dinner. I get made fun of a lot for having a "twangy" accent and sounding like I'm from the south (so, apparently no one has actually heard someone from the south talk before). Like most people, I would say that I don't have an accent. When Greg and Florian were over, I was talking to my mom on skype. Greg said that her accent was so thick he could hardly understand her, and Greg is from Canada. And Wednseday night I watched Marley and Me with Rami. Thursday was our last Stammtisch, this one was planned by all of the countries. Although, the theme wasn't so great. We took a spin off of the MTV series 'Pimp my Ride' and had a 'Pimp my Bike' contest, since everyone in Jyvaskyla rides bikes to get around. The weather had been sticking to around 30 degrees and on Friday it hit 50, so after lunch Deirdre, Shane, Nikos(Greece), Jonas(Germany) and I headed down to the lake, which is still frozen, then to the Coffee House. We thought Friday was amazing for weather, we woke up on Saturday to find it was 62 degrees which felt like summer. Jackie and I went into the city to go shopping and get ice cream from the vendors that are now on the side of the streets(which I love!) in the center. However, the ice cream flavors here....Slamiaki (black licorice)..pear..some strange ones. That night, we went out to Club Night for another goodbye party. We got there to find it was 12euros enterance, so Jackie and I decided to get something to eat and walk home. Just after we got home, so did everyone else. Apparently, the party was horrible and it was a techno fest. Good thing we left!
When I got here in January, the sun was coming up at 10am and going down at 2pm. NOW, I am woken up every morning at 5am because the sun is up and it stays up until around 9:30pm. Every week we get about an extra hour of sun.
Tomorrow, I am going to Joensuu with Merel to hopefully find some information on the family...and maybe some actual family as well. Then, on Tuesday we are going down to Helsinki for the day.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Erin, Do you want to see what you Aunt Karol has been up to? Check out www.SilverAcornJewelry.com I'm pretty proud of it...who knew I could do silversmithing?

    Love, Aunt Karol

    ReplyDelete