Tuesday, April 14, 2009

sorry for the absence!

Last week, was pretty much studying, working out and more people going home. We had the last Club Sensation party at Kharma on the 7th. The theme was change your sex; most of the girls didn't dress up except for drawing mustaches with eye liner. But, the boys were really a little too excited about it. The picture is me and Gunter, he won the prize for the best outfit. I wished I could have dressed up but I only stopped by because I had class from 8-4 the next day.
Most of the exchange students went on a trip to Russia this week. The visa was wayy to expensive for me to go, because I am American. On Saturday, we had an Easter barbeque in our apartment complex; an Easter bbq in the snow :)

We were freezing while we ate, so we all had a sauna after. On Sunday, Meagen (Canada), Lotte (Netherlands) and I walked into town and bought some Easter candy and coffee. Finland celebrates Easter Sunday and Easter Monday. Monday morning, Meagan, Lotte and I tired to go swimming but the lady told us it was 5euros because it was Saturday. We said, no it is Monday, but she kept telling us it was Saturday. So, instead of swimming, we walked into a coffee shop for some coffee and pulla. Once again the lady at the coffee shop told us it was Saturday. So, I asked if tomorrow was Sunday or Tuesday, she didn't look to pleased with that question but told me Tuesday. We never did figure out why it was Saturday but we think they meant that stores operate on their Saturday schedule because it was Easter Monday. Monday night, I went to Rami's (Finland) apartment for dinner. He made a traditional finnish dinner, minced meat and macarooni. He told me how to make it, it is pretty easy. We had tea after dinner then watched Slumdog Millionaire (really good). We are going to try to go swimming again tomorrow and hopefully the price will be normal and it won't be Saturday ;-)
I am planned another trip! From May 12-20 I will be in London for a day then Madrid and Barcelona, Spain for 6 days! I am also planning to go to Stockholm, Sweden to stay with a friend from high school for 2-3 days at the very beginning of May.
Hyvää Syntymäpäivää, Mummi! :-D ((Happy Birthday, Grandma!))

2 comments:

  1. Erin - I think I finally got it. I am so happy that you are having such a good time while studying in Finland. I am so proud of you. I felt so proud that you wished me a Happy Birthday on your blog that sso sweet of you. I love you, Erin and miss you. Grandma

    ReplyDelete
  2. I did it, I really did it Erin. It said my comment was published.
    Oh, I think you did a great job cutting your friends hair. God Bless, Sweetheart. Love & Hugs, Grandma

    ReplyDelete