Saturday, April 4, 2009

Wild Wild West!

On Tuesday, I went into school for lunch then met with Kyle, Amar and Merel to make the pinata. We tried to make it a cactus, but it ended up looking like a legless person.
Wednesday, I worked on an essay in the library all day.
On Thursday, I went to school for lunch then went to a gutbusters class at the gym with Merel. Thursday night, I french braided Jackie's hair and made her Stammtisch costume (she was an indian). Right before we left, Merel sat on the pinata!! We managed to tape him back together in time for the party. Jackie and I sold tickets for about an hour then the games started. I, somehow, ended up being the one to announce everything. Since no one was paying attention at first, I ended up standing on a chair with a microphone for about a half hour. First, we did the paper sack races (we used garbage bags) 2 teams of 5 people hopped back and forth across the bar. Then we did the pinata, it took about 8 people before it got knocked down. However, it didn't break when it fell, so Kyle grabbed it quick and smashed it on his knee. The pin the tail on the donkey never actually happened. We stayed at Rentukka (the bar) until around 2:30 then headed to the after party next door and Lilluka. I left around 4 but a lot of people stayed until 6 or 7am.
Today Jackie and I went shopping at the other end of town; she woke me up at 8am to go. But, I bought my first Moomin Mug! Moomin is a really popular cartoon here and they come out with a new Moomin coffee mug every 6 months and most people collect them!


Maiju and Marja, the 2 Finnish girls who helped us plan the party. A close up of the pinata..after it was sat on :)

Me and Jackie selling tickets

Still selling tickets...

Me, Jackie, Anastasia (Russia), Valery (France), Cor (Netherlands), Dalma (Hungary) and Merel (Netherlands)

Sack races...notice the pinata hanging at the top right corner
Me and Joy(Wales) trying to get everyones attention

2 comments:

  1. I def. thought you were singing in the last picture. lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha yeahh right, that would have ruined the party! and you know I never sing without you! ;)

    ReplyDelete