Monday, April 20, 2009

New Experience: Finnish hospitals

Wednesday and Thursday last week were studying for my exam on Friday. The group that went to Russia got back around 1:00am on Friday morning. After my exam on Friday, I walked back to my flat in a blizzard, a white out actually, I couldn't even see right in front of me. I watched Taken with Greg, Shane and Deirdre. Then we picked up a few more people and went for pizza. On Saturday, Jackie and I went into the city for coffee and some shopping. I went to sauna for about an hour then Jackie, Steven and I walked to Roninmäki, the other student apartment complex on the other side of town. From there we went to Bar 14 for a going away party. On the way, I was sitting on the back of Steven's bike. He hit a bump going down the hill and I fell off and hit my head. The next morning, I still wasn't feeling too well so we went to the hospital. There was a pretty big language barrier; most of the doctors didn't speak English. When I registered, we had to find an English speaking person and when I saw the doctor, we were saved by the online finnish-english translator. However, I do have a concussion and some pretty bad cuts and bruises. But, I am feeling much better now. The only rough thing is that I had an exam this morning.
A story from last time that I forgot to add. My friend, Shane, hadn't gotten his hair cut since we has been here. Anastasia, Deirdre and I said we would cut it for him. The other 2 girls cut a little then wouldn't do anymore, so I ended up cutting his whole head (i've never cut anyones hair before) but after 2.5 hours, I must say, I didn't do too bad. I have some before and after pictures!


Durring

Before
After

No comments:

Post a Comment