Monday, January 5, 2009

i'm here!

I have been in Jyvaskyla for about 5 hours now. I am completly unpacked and running on 2 hours of sleep since Sunday morning, thanks to crying kids on the plane. However, I am surprised that I managed to get myself here without any problems ;-) Although, I do find it a bit annoying that everyone stares at me everywhere I go and when I talk I get even more looks. I feel like I would get less stares if I were walking around in a clown costume...
My roommates name is Jackie and she is from Nova Scotia, Canada. Right when we got here our tutors told us that tomorrow is a holiday so all the stores will be closed. Immediatly after dropping our luggage off in our apartment, we walked to a small grocery store behind our building. After walking around aimlessly for about 15 mins and only picking out a loaf of bread and orange juice, our tutors decided to help us.
-Erin

1 comment:

  1. Erin,
    Don't worry, Denise and I will take good care of your mom and dad while your in Finland.

    Bob

    ReplyDelete